Do You Need a Business Valuation?
The value of any business depends on two things: future profits and the risks associated with such profits.
Cayenne’s deep expertise in financial modeling and forecasting gives you the assurance that the information underlying our business valuation estimates is as accurate and reliable as possible. Moreover, our experience in business valuation gives you comfort that appropriate methods are used to reach accurate and reliable estimates of the market value of your business.
Our business valuation estimates represent what business owners could reasonably expect the market prices of their businesses to be in a transaction.
Purposes of Business Valuations
Some of our business valuation services include:
- Startup Valuations: We provide business valuations to assist entrepreneurs negotiate the equity ownership position to sell, and the price of the equity, when raising startup capital.
- Merger/Acquisition Valuations: We provide business valuations to assist entrepreneurs structure and negotiate merger and acquisition transactions, including determining optimal debt and equity structures.
- FAS 141/142 Valuations: We provide business valuations, and valuations of underlying assets and liabilities, to assist accountants properly apply the provisions of accounting standards, including primarily FAS 141 and 142.
Our strength in valuation consulting stems from our wide backgrounds in financial modeling and forecasting, equity analysis and research, M&A transaction negotiation and structuring, and financial accounting and reporting.
Our Valuation Experience
Here are a few examples of our valuation experience:
- Performed valuations of partnership fractional interests in commercial real estate.
- Performed business valuations of SaaS companies in connection with litigation and financial reporting.
- Performed equity valuation of golf accessory manufacturer in connection with restricted stock unit (RSU) grant and 83(b) election.
- Performed business valuations of online dating companies in connection with litigation.
Meet Our Business Valuation Specialist
Related Articles & Notes
- High Tech Startup Valuation Estimator by Akira Hirai – Answer 25 multiple-choice questions to get a rough idea of what your tech startup might be worth.
- How Can My Partner and I Value Our Company? by Jimmy Lewin
- Rise of the $3.4 Billion Taxi Service, and Other Valuation Tales by Shyam Jha
- Startup Valuation Methods & Heuristics by Marty Zwilling
- Do You Have a Venture Value Scorecard? by Akira Hirai
- What’s Your Company Worth? by Jimmy Lewin
- How Much is That Invention Worth? by Shyam Jha
- How Much Capital Should Your Startup Raise? by Marty Zwilling
Note that many people search online for “business evaluation services” when what they are really looking for is “business valuation services.” This is a very common mistake!
Learn More About Our Business Valuation Services
If you'd like an assessment of your needs and a fee estimate, please let us know how to reach you: