Business Has Changed. Now What?
If you’re like most business owners, you’ve sacrificed a lot for your company: worked long hours, juggled payroll and vendors, and missed family events. Until recently, the business did okay and provided you a nice income.
Today, things have changed. The past few years have been tumultuous for the business and financial markets. The “Great Recession” brought with it considerable contraction and upheaval for many companies. An improving economy has posed its own challenges as efforts to shed excess capacity and deliver have left many business owners unable to meet rising demand. You certainly didn’t plan for this to happen, but your business is struggling… and the pressure is mounting.
What’s the answer? A Business Turnaround.
A guided turnaround works well for business owners who realize that trying something different is better than continuing on the present course and risking the life of their business.
Status quo — you know — is Latin for ‘the mess we’re in.’
Before reaching out for professional help, you naturally have questions, such as:
- What exactly is involved in a business turnaround?
- What about my reputation in the community?
- Is there a proven turnaround strategy I can rely on?
We’re passionate about helping you maximize and solve your financial opportunities and challenges, at an affordable cost and in an empathetic manner. Our business is your business and we are dedicated to working with owners to develop a specific turnaround plan to get you back on the right track.
The Business Turnaround Process
A guide to accomplishing this is the Turnaround Roadmap. Our experiences are based on our decades of experience managing business workouts through tough times and helping owners revitalize their companies.
The Business Turnaround Roadmap is particularly effective for business owners who have the following characteristics:
- A strong work ethic and the will to succeed;
- Maturity to know their company needs something other than more money to heal itself and stay healthy; and
- Manage a business with annual revenue of $2 Million to $100 Million.
Business Turnaround & Crisis Management Services
- Assessments of problems and development of corrective workout plans
- Business turnaround and planning
- Business model validation
- Revenue and margin optimization
- Financial modeling and projections
- Cost reductions and downsizing/rightsizing
- Negotiations with lenders, creditors and customers
- Refinancing and capital acquisition
- Operational assessments
- Industry positioning
- Marketing plans and margin improvement
- Integration and streamlining
- Productivity improvements
- Product line rationalization
- Cost accounting margin validation
- Business model refinement
How Does the Business Turnaround Process Work?
When you hire us as your turnaround consultant, we will develop a custom turnaround plan for your business and help you implement it:
- First, we will stabilize your cash flow so we can calm things down with your lenders and creditors.
- Second, we will conduct a series of tests to diagnose your business problems. Based on the results, we’ll recommend solutions, prepare a cash forecast, and develop a written turnaround plan for your company. We have the ability to not only analyze financials but also the operations of the business.
- Third, we will prepare a series of action items and help you implement them as you guide the turnaround to a successful conclusion.
Our turnaround assessments can typically be completed in approximately one month. In difficult cases, additional time may be required.
Business Turnaround Experience Matters
If you were looking for a medical specialist to treat a life-threatening condition, you’d naturally want one who knows what he’s doing. We’ve been doing turnarounds for a long time and have the expertise and industry credentials to prove it. A long list of clients have successfully turned their companies around and regained their profitability. It’s a reasonable bet you can, too.
Remarks From a Business Turnaround & Restructuring Client
Aaron at Cayenne had my best interest from start to finish. He took the time to understand my business, identify the problem areas and make specific recommendations on both the operations and finances. They provided us a solid assessment of our business and a turnaround plan to restructure the company. He also worked with us to refer a new financing source to help recapitalize the business and get us back on the right track.
Are We The Right Turnaround Specialist For You?
The answer depends on several factors. We produce the best results for clients who have the will to fix their companies and who can adapt to modest change. However, there isn’t much we can do if you believe that borrowing more money will heal an unprofitable business.
Featured Turnaround Specialists
Shyam Jha, MBABusiness plan consultant in Tucson, AZ
As a consultant and mentor to entrepreneurs, Shyam has created business plans, financial models, and pitch decks for startups in robotics and drone transport, medical devices, consumer...
Daniel Hall, MBA, MSEBusiness plan consultant in San Francisco, CA
Dan is a technology industry executive with over 25 years of organizational leadership, emerging growth, turnaround, sales, and marketing experience in both Fortune 100 and start-up environments....
Werner NenneckerBusiness plan consultant in Germany
Werner works with new management teams to develop a clear path to achieving their personal objectives for starting the business. By creating an accurate understanding of their market...
How to Get Started
The first step is a complimentary half-hour telephone conversation with one of our turnaround specialists. This enables you to learn more about the turnaround process and what is involved. The call also allows you to learn more about us and how we can help you. You’ll know at the end of the call if the chemistry is right and you want to proceed.
Please complete the form below to schedule the initial call.
Learn More About our Turnaround Consulting Services
If you'd like an assessment of your needs and a fee estimate, please let us know how to reach you: