What Is the L-1A Visa Program?
The L-1 classification of visas are called “Intracompany Transferee” visas. These types of visas are used when a U.S. company wishes to transfer an individual or individuals from a foreign affiliated company to its U.S. operations or when a non-U.S. company wishes to transfer an individual to its newly established or existing U.S. business.
An L-1A visa is for individuals who will come to the U.S. company to assume an executive or management role. This type of visa is focused on a person who will manage the entire U.S. business in the case of a small business, or a department or branch office in the case of a larger business. The transferee can be either an executive or a manager or both. An executive must have the authority granted by his bosses to make wide-ranging business decisions for the business in question. A manager must truly manage the business and that would include having the authority to hire, fire, spend, budget, and all the other things that come with managing a business. In many instances, a foreign company owner or CEO will be the transferee.
What Companies Are Eligible to Participate in the L-1A Visa Program?
Foreign companies are eligible to participate in the L-1A program if:
- The company is financially viable and actively doing business.
- There is a qualifying relationship between the business entity in the U.S. and the foreign company which employs the employee abroad.
- The foreign company must show evidence that it is able to properly compensate the beneficiary.
- It intends to employ or already employs workers in the U.S.
- The U.S. entity does not have to be involved in international trade.
What Are the L-1A Visa Requirements for the Transferee?
- The transferee must have been employed abroad by the foreign employer for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his/her admission into the U.S.
- The transferee must have been under the management control of the foreign company in the previous year.
- The transferee’s prior one year of employment abroad must have been in a managerial, executive or specialized knowledge capacity.
How to Write a Business Plan to Meet the Requirements?
The United States is the largest commercial market in the world. It stands to reason that any successful foreign company would want to have business operations in the U.S. to take advantage of the very large market opportunity. Your business plan must support the fact that the foreign company has the experience, strength and financial viability to operate in the U.S. In addition, the business plan must support the fact that the transferee to be relocated to the U.S. has the talent, skill, and experience to compete in this market. Here are some helpful tips:
- Do not attempt to write this business plan yourself. You will very likely need professional assistance.
- Hire an immigration attorney to handle your entire application from beginning to end.
- Not only must the plan be written in English; it must be written in “Business English.”
How Can Cayenne Help You Prepare a Business Plan for the L-1A Visa Program?
Once you have decided to have Cayenne Consulting write your business plan, here are the steps we will take to ensure that you have the best chance to have your application approved:
- We will confirm that you are eligible to participate in the program.
- We will build a strong case that for your company to be successful in the U.S., you need to be resident in the U.S.
- We will fully understand the business for which you intend to open an office or branch and why you will be successful in operating the business.
- We will create a detailed, thoughtful, and reasonable financial forecast that is believable and achievable and that is presented to comply with USCIS requirements.
- We will provide the necessary market research that will document that there is a compelling and sustainable market opportunity for your company’s products and/or services in the U.S.
- We will work with your immigration attorney to ensure that the business plan is consistent with the other documents that the attorney presents in your case.
What is Cayenne’s L-1A Visa Business Plan Consulting Experience?
We have prepared business plans and financial forecasts for L-1A Visa applicants in many industries and from around the globe:
|Window Manufacturing (Albania)||Construction Services (China)||Medical Transcription (India)||Aftermarket Auto Services (UAE)|
|Distribution (Brazil)||Recruiting App (China)||International Trade (Panama)||Legal Services (United Kingdom)|
|Consumer Product (Brazil)||Email Marketing (Czech Republic)||PR Consulting (Russian Federation)|
|Water Treatment (Brazil)||Advertising Agency (Dubai)||Commercial HVAC Systems (Switzerland)|
Meet Cayenne’s L-1A Visa Business Plan Writer
Jimmy's background includes over 40 years in international, commercial, and investment banking, and nearly a decade as the principal shareholder and CEO of a rapidly growing manufacturing and...
I Need Help Preparing an L-1A Visa Business Plan!
If you'd like an assessment of your needs and a fee estimate, please let us know how to reach you: