What is the SDVOSB Certification?
The SDVOSB certification is specifically designed to assist service-disabled veterans with their small businesses by establishing sole-source contracts and set aside opportunities. The program provides procuring agencies with the authority to set acquisitions aside for exclusive competition among service disabled veteran owned small business concerns. Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses can apply for government contracts as well as take part in prime contractor partnerships.
What Are the SDVOSB Eligibility Requirements?
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- The Service Disabled Veteran (SDV) must have a service-connected disability that has been determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Defense
- The SDVOSB must meet the SBA’s criteria as a small business under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to the procurement
- The SDV must unconditionally own 51% of the SDVOSB
- The SDV must control the management and daily operations of the SDVOSB
- The SDV must hold the highest managerial position in the SDVOSB
Conditions for award include providing Department of Defense Form 214 which is issued upon a military service member’s retirement, separation, or discharge from active duty, as well as a letter from the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs stating that you are indeed service disabled, or discharge papers from the branch of service that you were in stating that you have a service-connected disability.
Contact us today to see how we can help you with your SDVOSB Certification!
Learn More About Our SBA and SDVOB Certification Services
If you'd like an assessment of your needs and a fee estimate, please let us know how to reach you: