Telecommunications Business Plan Development
Our experience in telecommunications spans the following areas:
See an example of one of our telecommunications-related business plans.
Telecommunications Industry Experience
Our experience in various telecommunications-related fields, either as consultants, entrepreneurs, or employees in the industry, includes the following:
- Triple-Play Provider: Created business plan and investor presentation for start-up provider of "triple-play" (IPTV, high-speed Internet, VoIP) services and programming. Company also provides website hosting, dedicated servers, collocation to businesses and consumers. Work covered all aspects of their network build leveraging fiber optics, marketing strategy, product suite, rollout, operations, and extensive market research.
- International Mobile Call Management: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation for MiNO Wireless. MiNO offers enterprise-class international mobile call management, providing businesses with full visibility, control and management of their international mobile calling costs. MiNO Wireless users can call internationally from any landline or mobile phone through its easy to use MiNO Enterprise for BlackBerry service, and be quickly and easily connected to their international contacts at a fraction of today's international calling rates. "The business plan, financial forecast, and presentation that Cayenne developed enabled us to raise $7 million from leading venture capitalists including Canaan Partners," said Jing Liu, Founder and CTO. "Cayenne was very professional, and we were very happy with the results."
- Latin America Telecommunication Services: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation for DigitGlobal Communications. DigitGlobal provides quality communications products to the Hispanic/Latin American community with market differentiation by country. "Cayenne really took the time to understand the business and what we were trying to do, and created a fantastic business plan that was versatile to use for a number of different purposes. Cayenne is the company I'm calling when I need a business consultant," said Omar G. Jorge, Former COO. "Three years after Cayenne completed a brand new, thorough business plan for DigitGlobal, the Board of Directors is still basing key decisions off of it."
- Branded Mobile Handsets: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation for Single Touch Communications. The company offers mobile 3G (data centric) phones targeting consumer groups with a common affinity for popular interests, such as fitness, travel, finance, golf, wrestling, or NASCAR. STI has or is developing numerous exclusive co-marketing, content, and branding agreements with media companies and enthusiast organizations such as Primedia, Men's Health, Prevention, World Wrestling Entertainment, Motorsport, and Butch Harmon. "We were under a tight deadline for a meeting with an investor. Cayenne Consulting delivered a high quality business plan and financial model in only nine days. Simply amazing," said Chris Brunner, VP of Business Development for Single Touch.
- Optical Telecommunications Equipment: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, investor presentation, and supporting materials for a startup that developed new polymer-based optical components for telecommunication applications.
- Optical Telecommunications Infrastructure: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, investor presentation, and supporting materials for a startup that created a new fiber-optic transmission technology for optical telecommunication applications.
- Optical Telecommunications Equipment: Founded -- and developed a business plan, financial forecast, investor presentation, and supporting materials for -- a startup that created a new signal processing technology for optical computing and telecommunication applications. Secured seed venture capital funding as well as government SBIR contracts.
- Billing & Customer Care Software: Founded Danet, a developer of billing and customer care solutions for the telecommunications industry, and grew it to over 100 employees and more than $15M in sales. Customers included PCS operators and CLECs, including Sprint PCS, BellSouth PCS, Global Crossing, Southwestern Bell, AirTouch, and American Personal Communications.
- Telecom Service Provisioning: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation for Integrated Axis, a provider of technologies to optimize telecommunications services for the small and medium-sized business market. Cayenne also developed the company's website and a prototype of the planned system. "Working with Cayenne Consulting really put us into high gear, and we have been extremely pleased with all that they have done for us. A real pleasure to work with," said Randy Asselin, President of Integrated Axis.
- Network Security: Developed a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation for Global Gateway, a provider of secure gateway solutions for virtual private networks (VPNs) and other applications. The company has developed several proprietary technologies that enable secure, efficient, and inexpensive transmission of data over next generation networks. "The Cayenne team is knowledgeable, responsive, and prompt," said Paula Giordani. "They have a deep understanding of what investors need to see, and how they need to see it."
- Telecommunications Line Management: Performed strategic studies and presented recommendations to management for global communications capabilities to enhance product delivery to customers and internal business units. Coordinated $25 million telecom budget, cost chargebacks and recovery for U.S., Europe, Asia, and Middle East/Africa. Managed three-person team responsible for developing supporting technologies.
- Telecommunication Product Sales: Developed dozens of successful proposals resulting in 8-figure revenues for TSL, a provider of telecommunications services including telecom billing audits, call accounting/chargebacks, telecom management software and major consulting projects.
- Optical Components: Held COO and VP of sales and marketing positions with a venture backed optical components startup, turning around poor performance and leading the technology development and introduction of first commercial product.
- Telecommunications Equipment Development: Served as project manager of a joint venture with AT&T, developing a new product family of telecom equipment which dominated the market with over 70% multi-year market share.
- Voice over SMS: Wrote the business and financial plans for PIC Software, Inc., a startup developing an innovative Voice over SMS (VSMS) service. Target markets were China and Europe.
- Optical Telecommunications Equipment: Created market launch strategy for an all optical switch and long-haul optical transport network using Raman amplifiers for a venture-backed optical networking startup. A leading service provider acquired the company.
- Telecommunications: Worked with a boutique advertising agency in developing a telecommunications startup’s corporate naming, branding, and product positioning campaign, that resulted in a $1.1 Billion IPO and one of the most noticed new brands in technology, evidenced by two Addy awards won by the campaign.
Note: Some items reflect experience gained by a consultant prior to his or her association with Cayenne Consulting LLC. Cayenne Consulting does not offer any services that require licensing or registration with the NASD or other federal or state authorities.
Telecommunications Industry Business Plan Consultants
Our team of telecommunications specialists includes the following consultants:
Shyam leverages three decades of international corporate, entrepreneurial, and executive education experience to help entrepreneurs and enterprise clients develop compelling business models and plans. He focuses on mobile apps, e-commerce,...
[read full bio]
George Papaioannou has two decades of experience in developing, analyzing, evaluating and executing upon business models, from an investment as well as an operational perspective. He is one of Cayenne's...
[read full bio]
I'd Like to Learn More about a Telecommunications Business Plan!
If you'd like a free consultation, please start by completing the following form: