Investors Will Love Your Business Plan
“I probably see five to ten business plans a week. Frankly, most aren’t ready for the big leagues. Cayenne’s work, on the other hand, is consistently excellent. They figured out the formula. They make it easier for investors to quickly see the value in a company. Now that startup activity is picking up, investors have more to choose from. It’s more important than ever for a business plan to make the right first impression.”Harry George, Solstice Capital
Looking for a First-Class Business Plan Consultant?
You only have one chance to make that crucial first impression with investors and lenders. A persuasive and attractive business plan, financial projection, pitch deck, and executive summary can make your path to funding much, much shorter. We’re here to help you.
Since 2001, Cayenne Consulting has helped over 1,000 entrepreneurs take some very important steps toward achieving their goals. Most of our consultants — many with advanced degrees from Ivy League universities — have hands-on experience starting, funding, and growing their own businesses, so we understand exactly what you’re going through.
Our craftsmanship speaks for itself. Have a look inside a few business plan samples and judge for yourself:
What do you REALLY need... a Business Plan WRITER, or a Business Plan STRATEGIST?
You found us because need help with your business plan. And you’re probably wondering what sets business plan consultants like us apart from many other “business plan writers.” Here’s the difference:
- Business Plan Writer: A business plan writer expects you to have all the answers. They will ask you a series of questions, blindly type whatever you say into some business plan software, and email the file back to you. Hey, if you know how to type and you already have the answers, you might as well buy a copy of Business Plan Pro and write your business plan yourself.
- Business Plan Strategic Consultant: A business plan consultant is somebody who will help you refine your ideas and strategies and mold them into a viable business. We put your business under a microscope. We challenge your assumptions, we fill gaps in your thinking, we do lots of independent research and analysis, and we help formulate business models, tactics, and strategies. We help crystalize your long-term competitive differentiation, identify target markets, and plan for business scalability. And then we help you express it in a compelling package – whether it’s a business plan, pitch deck, PPM, financial forecast, elevator pitch, or executive summary – that is most appropriate for your specific situation and target audience.
We have been in the practice of business plan consulting for a very long time and we’re very good at what we do. We hope you’ll spend a few minutes exploring for yourself:
- Clients: Read testimonials from over 100 of our business plan consulting clients.
- Team: Learn the backgrounds and credentials of our business plan consultants.
- Industry Expertise: Learn about our business planning experience in a wide array of industries and markets.
- Services: We do a lot more than just business plans and financial forecasts.
- Blog: Our HotSauce! Blog contains the secret sauce for fueling entrepreneurial success.
- Articles: Read our original articles on business planning and related fields.
- Entreprenuer’s Library: We maintain an extensive directory of startup and entrepreneur resources to speed your search for information.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Look here if you can’t find answers elsewhere.
- Contact Us: Want to contact us and speak with one of our consultants?
Why Choose Cayenne Consulting?
- No Salespeople: We don’t have a slick salesperson "sell" you and then hand you off to a junior business plan writer as soon as they get your credit card number. From Day One, you will deal directly with the senior business plan consultant who will actually work with you. Personal relationships matter, and you need to know exactly who you’re dealing with.
- Fully Customized: Some business plan consulting firms are able to charge extremely low fees because they have a cookie-cutter, assembly-line approach to business plan writing. You’re smart enough to know that you get what you pay for. We build all of our business plans from scratch to represent your unique vision, not somebody else’s.
- Get it Right the First Time: Funding is a binary event: either you succeed or you fail. If you fail, most investors won’t give you a second chance. Learn about the pros and cons of various approaches to developing business plans.
- Get Investors to Notice: Most entrepreneurs can’t get investors to return their calls. A majority of our business plan clients are able to secure meetings with potential investors.
- Develop a Winning Strategy: Most so-called "business plan consultants" simply take whatever you tell them and put it on paper. We go much deeper and help you develop the most viable strategy for success, which we then communicate through a compelling business plan.
- Save Weeks or Months of Valuable Time: Your limited time should be spent focusing on developing your products, customers, and company. We can save you hundreds of hours.
- Save Money: We are not cheap, but about half of our clients came to us after a business plan prepared by a less qualified business plan consultant did not work out. Why not get it right the first time and save money?
- Avoid Mistakes: We know what works and what doesn’t. We wrote the original and often-cited article on Why Business Plans Don’t Get Funded.
- Work with True Experts: Our business plan consultants are the best in the business. We’ve walked in your shoes and we understand what you’re going through. We have deep and broad experience in creating and executing upon business models of all kinds. We have a keen sense of what works in the marketplace and what doesn’t. Many of us have MBAs or PhDs from schools like Harvard, Wharton, CalTech, Cornell, Columbia, Stanford, MIT, and Chicago. We also have experts in finance, financial modeling, market research, competitor research, FDA & regulatory issues, and much more.
- One Business Plan Consultant: Some of our competitors assign a team of consultants to work with you. As a result, you’re paying to get multiple consultants up to speed. This approach is not only costly, it makes it difficult to ensure consistency. Cayenne’s "one consultant" approach avoids these problems. (Of course, if your situation really does call for it, we can also take a team approach.)
- Ongoing Support: We don’t stop when the business plan is complete. We have a talented team ready to help you implement it as well, either on a retained basis as interim members of your founding team or on a project basis, as needed.
Cayenne In the Media
How to Write an Executive Summary
Inc.com - September 2010
When pitching your idea to potential investors, you’ll need to start with a very persuasive executive summary. Here’s how to write an executive summary that will get your foot in the door.