What is Strategic Planning?
The strategic planning process is an extremely important executive function. The most enduring companies plan on 3-5 year, one year, and 90-day horizons. Energy is put into developing key objectives every quarter, and achievements are managed weekly. A well written strategic plan is the one document that can be used to achieve the following:
- Align the efforts of the entire work force
- Reinforce the culture of the organization
- Share management’s view of where the company is and their vision of where the company is going
- Define long term and short term goals
- Set clear measurable milestones that mark progress towards important goals
- Define metrics that can be used daily/weekly to measure short term progress and afford accountability
- Define clear accountability for goals and objectives
- Guide decisions and actions throughout the year
What does Cayenne offer?
- Strategy Development: Good strategy is the antidote to competition. Strategic thinking is the process of developing a strategy that defines your value proposition and your unique value chain. This process includes market and competitive research as well as an assessment of the company’s capabilities and the industry forces impacting it.
- Strategic Plan Development: We will facilitate and create an actionable strategic plan to be used for daily decision making. It can be used to implement your strategy, align the efforts of your work force, reinforce the culture of the organization, share management’s view of where the company is and their vision of where the company is going, define long term and short term goals, set clear, measurable milestones that mark progress towards important goals, and define metrics that can be used daily/weekly to measure short term progress. The plan creates accountability for goal achievement.
- Strategic Plan Execution Management: This is where the rubber meets the road and where many organizations struggle. It is the most critical component in the process. We will help you implement a system to track execution and create accountability for you and your team to execute and realize the change envisioned in the strategic plan.
Video Preview of Our Strategic Planning Process
For a preview of our strategic planning approach, here is a keynote presentation given by Rick Tifone, Cayenne’s lead strategic planning consultant, to the Council of MLS in September 2014 in Los Angeles:
Meet Our Strategic Planning Consultant
Learn More About our Strategic Planning Services
If you'd like an assessment of your needs and a fee estimate, please let us know how to reach you: